Recent content by dhonkaz

  1. Ship Day

    agreed, I’ve wanted one of these for four years, but I think my turn to order an R2 will occur within the next week or two
  2. Hello from JeepCares

    While other powertrains were inevitable on STLA Large platform, and Jeep acknowledging as much in June, I'd urge Jeep to consider the Grand Wagoneer's REEV option as an add-on for next year, possibly even rather than the Hurricane-only option some have discussed.
  3. 2026 Jeep Recon reviews / first impressions / walkthroughs -- compilation

    I actually like this commentary. It shows that we now have variety. Just think, 3 months ago there were no mid-sized EV SUVs in the US. Now we've got R2, Recon, some from Hyundai/Kia that are close but a little more CUV-like, etc. This is a big segment, as it's what Americans were driving...
  4. Jaloplink article today

    Auto journalists live in some paradox where they want more EV variety, but they criticize everything that’s different. it’s a boxy SUV because that’s what Americans generally want. It’s not Hummer sized because the mid-sized SUV is Jeep’s bread and butter and not everyone needs three rows...
  5. 2026 Jeep Recon reviews / first impressions / walkthroughs -- compilation

    by the way, found a video on a YouTube short that mentions they can't comment on their test drive of the Recon until Sept 9. So guessing that's when they'll all go live. Tommy gave kind of an exclusive walk around, the behind the wheel experience is next week
  6. 2026 Jeep Recon reviews / first impressions / walkthroughs -- compilation

    I still don't blame them fully for that. The 4xe is great and I've loved it for 5 years. But the Samsung battery is the problem.
  7. Ship Day

    that's exciting! I had a dealer reach out last night asking if I was still interested. First time I've heard from them in like 3 months.
  8. Ship Day

    The Turbo 4 in my Wrangler 4xe has been plenty powerful. I just worry with the weight of the Recon. I have differing opinions, as I think the Rivians look fantastic. As for the Scout, I don’t wanna wait until 2028 or 2029. Plus they may not be offered in pure EV.
  9. Ship Day

    thanks for the info and analysis. We don't know what they're thinking, but we can also piece things together. Recon to Europe and US. Long-rumored (and stated in June) that it could have different powertrains. So I think they opted to stop delaying the Recon (while pushing Cherokees out of...
  10. Ship Day

    Totally agreed. It's got very competent specs. I'd order a MOAB for my needs (100 min...accidentally said max before). But they showed off Overlands at auto shows as well. I just don't know how that'll be equipped. I want EV, vented seats, and dual pane pano roof...maybe trailer hitch for...
  11. Ship Day

    I share this frustration...I just want info. I need something with a max minimum of about 80-100 miles of range. I'm a mall-crawler, not an off-roader. But all our vehicles are higher off the ground, and we don't want a sedan/hatchback. I just like cargo space when the dogs are with me, I...
  12. Ship Day

    Awesome! All the ones that say they’re en route or being built are with the sky 1-touch top, though. I’d much rather have the dual pane pano after only using my sky like 50 times due to AZ heat. Good luck, and I’d love to hear how the steering is. Is it twitchy like a Wrangler or comfy like...
  13. Jeep Recon EV Build & Price Configurator Now Live!

    I really don't want the sky 1-touch top. I want the glass panels and sunshade. After having the Wrangler with 1-touch, and an inability to use it much in AZ heat....but the dual-pane isn't available to build yet.
  14. Jeep Recon Pricing Thoughts

    Still no word on the Overland availability or pricing. I'm guessing around $60k, but maybe it's delayed until next year.
  15. 2026 Jeep Recon ORDER GUIDE

    awesome, thank you. I'm just wondering when we'll hear about the Overland. I'd trade a little less off-road capability for the extra mileage, especially if it still has vented seats. Also, are all roofs the 1-touch top? Actually, I see the top is almost $2k. But what is the roof if not...
Top