First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Rubicon
Country flag
Saw this today at Autoblog.

During a press briefing outlining Jeep's strategy for the next couple of years, the brand confirmed that the Jeep Recon, the electric not-a-Wrangler, will finally be on sale in 2025. It will be the second EV Jeep launch in America, with the Wagoneer S launching first this year.

Jeep's CEO, Antonio Filosa, announced that the first full year for Recon would be 2025, but the exact timing was left fuzzy. It seems to us that we'll likely see some sort of announcement and production model reveal at the very end of this year, with production and deliveries happening early next year.

Also confirmed was the fact that the Recon will be based on the STLA L platform, just like the Wagoneer S and presumably the upcoming Charger (or Challenger, depending on Dodge's naming decisions).

Dual motors seem an almost guarantee, as do independent suspension all-around and unibody chassis construction. The platform also supports between 85 and 118 kWh of battery capacity and 400- or 800-volt architectures.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
just came here to see if this was up yet...

hate to be a downer but this feels like the 10th time we've gotten the same details about the ever-forthcoming recon. as evidenced by the level of engagement on this forum i'd say we're all a little over the half-baked 'how bout a dollop of non-info every 3mos' strategy.

IMO the cherokee is just a complete non-factor, completely unrelated to the recon (wrangler) idea. so that thing, which btw is destined for a brutal death (see:RIVN) has absolutely nothing to do with what is essentially a 4-door convertible, the recon.

only 2 entrants, bronco and wrangler, and last time i drove there are a ton of them out there, and precisely none of them have any intention of going off-road, ever. first one to bring an electric jeep* with a compelling enough 'see it's off-road capable but really who cares' story is gonna crush.

*actual jeep not cherokee or compass or whatever

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
Saw this today at Autoblog.

During a press briefing outlining Jeep's strategy for the next couple of years, the brand confirmed that the Jeep Recon, the electric not-a-Wrangler, will finally be on sale in 2025. It will be the second EV Jeep launch in America, with the Wagoneer S launching first this year.

Jeep's CEO, Antonio Filosa, announced that the first full year for Recon would be 2025, but the exact timing was left fuzzy. It seems to us that we'll likely see some sort of announcement and production model reveal at the very end of this year, with production and deliveries happening early next year.

Also confirmed was the fact that the Recon will be based on the STLA L platform, just like the Wagoneer S and presumably the upcoming Charger (or Challenger, depending on Dodge's naming decisions).

Dual motors seem an almost guarantee, as do independent suspension all-around and unibody chassis construction. The platform also supports between 85 and 118 kWh of battery capacity and 400- or 800-volt architectures.
News is news whether good or bad. This is encouraging. Again, I prefer they do this right the first time than having to go back to the drawing board for crazy flaws. It may not be related to wanting to be sure they have a decent finished product but a lot is on the balance with these vehicles since they have less and less to offer at the moment.

Just hoping we won’t have further delays and that the price will be decent.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Rubicon
Country flag
News is news whether good or bad. This is encouraging. Again, I prefer they do this right the first time than having to go back to the drawing board for crazy flaws. It may not be related to wanting to be sure they have a decent finished product but a lot is on the balance with these vehicles since they have less and less to offer at the moment.

Just hoping we won’t have further delays and that the price will be decent.
Exactly, even if just repeating their expectations, it's good to hear it reaffirmed.

I do wish they came out with the Recon first though before the WagoneerS. It'd really make a much bigger splash for Jeep in terms of the brand's first full EV.

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
Agreed. Launching the Recon would have had a better impact on the brand than the Wagoneer S that doesn’t ring Jeep as much. The Wagoneer S is a beautiful SUV but looks like something that could have been designed by another brand. The Jeep Recon is what will help the brand.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
This actually really frustrates me because it shows that they don’t have any solidified plans for any more reveals to happen soon.

Jeep is notorious for doing big reveals at the NYAS and/or the Easter Jeep Safari and usually do teasers leading up to them. With them axing all auto shows this year, that already wasn’t a good sign, and then now with them being extremely vague (yet again) regarding the Recon, it tells me it won’t be revealed at the EJS either.

IMO, the FCA group merged too quickly with the Peugeot group and they’re too big/focused too much on Europe for the NA market to have success…and that includes their new models.

Of all their brands, Jeep and Ram are the only ones doing moderately well, and they’re both coming off years of sales decline. Even Dodge with the last of their muscle cars selling well, they overall aren’t selling great and that brand likely will barely exist once they’re (almost) completely EV. The diehard MOPAR guys will take longer to support the EV future, and the Stellantis group as a whole is just struggling in the NA markets.

I think they should’ve been focusing on continuing an upward sales trend in their current brands in NA markets to stay relevant vs Toyota, Honda, and now Hyundai and Kia vs just adding more brands to their international portfolio. It’s not like they’ll bring Peugeot to the US…or Citroens. So why did they feel they *had* to do that now? To get them before someone else bought them? Okay, maybe, but I don’t think it’s working out in NA and it’s reflecting in the future models they’ve planned for us now.

My slight concern is that they’ll end up having to sell off brands but I don’t think Jeep will be one of them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold Chrysler and Dodge, but they’d be stupid to sell Jeep and Ram. That being said, splitting of Dodge and Ram is just a wild thought so I don’t think they’d *really* do that either…and by that logic, Chrysler has been associated with those two brands for 0+ years now as well…so really the only one that hasn’t historically been apart of that group was Jeep (not until the 70s/80s anyway)…but there’s no way they’d sell the only thing that makes them money, religiously (the Wrangler). So that stays.

idk what their future in NA looks like, but we as consumers won’t do very well if they can’t get their shit sorted and have reliable, affordable, efficient vehicles sold by reliable, courteous, and competent dealers. Right now they’re having problems with both of those lists and I don’t know how they’re gonna tackle it.

TL;DR - I worry we’ll even see the Recon if Stellantis doesn’t wake up and smell the “oh shit, we expanded too much and gotta fix ourselves” roses

[/rant] lol

beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner,Rubicon
Country flag
Another EV that will take up residence unsold on a lot somewhere.