🙋🏻‍♂️ Introduce Yourself and Say Hello!

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Country flag
Whether you’re a new or veteran member please introduce yourselves and give others a warm welcome as they join the Jeep Recon Forum community! 👋 👊

Please feel free to share your vehicle history and how the upcoming Jeep Recon will fit into your story. 👍

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLU Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 37"
Country flag
Hello

Disclaimer: I google translate, because I am French speaking, so I apologize in advance for the quality of the final result.. lol

My name is Fred and I'm very interested in the Recon EV, to have an everyday electric vehicle, but I like to trail ride 15 times a year... I love my current vehicle, but I would like more comfort for every day. I drive 25,000 km per year and I like having one machine to do it all. In Quebec, we must have "winter" approved tires, so I'm on Grabber ATX to be able to keep them year-round. They are mounted on my JLU 2018 in 37" lift of 2.5". In my case, what I expect from the new Recon is:
- as high in the frame, but with 35", so at least it has to fit in the wings. I would like to have 35" instead of 37" to have less loss of performance, but you won't have to sacrifice the height at the frame.
- it will be necessary to have options to change the bumpers, to improve the angles.

For the rest, I'm sure it will be ok...

Thank you for the site, we hope it becomes as hot as the JL one.

Fred

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Hi, I’m Kenny but the nickname is Spock.

Jeep Wrangler owner and fanatic since 2012 and hoping the Recon’s are reliable to become my future daily driver lol

I’m in the US Air Force and have been for over a decade now. Main job is Cyber Security but I’ve dabbled in a little bit of everything in the military comm world (minus satellites or antennas…haven’t had that luxury yet lmao).

This all being said, the Air Force has brought me to Belgium for a while and we’re really loving it. I’ve got a wife and two kids (oldest is a boy, youngest is a girl) and so far everyone is having a good time here 👌

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
Names Marc-Arthur and I'm from Canada (Quebec). A wife, 3 kids but two are old and gone living their life and a dog. Currently own a 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited and loving it as winters where I am are intense at times. My line of work brings me on the road and we have a cabin near the mountains about 1:30h away from home so my SUV serves us well. We do a lot of kayaking, biking, hiking, snowboarding, skiing and my son plays hockey so lots of stuff to move around.

I can't wait to see the Recon in RL and already put my name down at two dealerships even though they don't seem to know it's even coming. :facepalm:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLU Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 37"
Country flag
Names Marc-Arthur and I'm from Canada (Quebec). A wife, 3 kids but two are old and gone living their life and a dog. Currently own a 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited and loving it as winters where I am are intense at times. My line of work brings me on the road and we have a cabin near the mountains about 1:30h away from home so my SUV serves us well. We do a lot of kayaking, biking, hiking, snowboarding, skiing and my son plays hockey so lots of stuff to move around.

I can't wait to see the Recon in RL and already put my name down at two dealerships even though they don't seem to know it's even coming. :facepalm:
Bonjour mon compatriote !!

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag

Yeah dealers are often the last line of knowledge in regard to new vehicles, unless they’re one of those top tier above and beyond type of dealers lol

When the “new” 2024 Wranglers were coming out, my local (big Jeep dealer in Texas) hadn’t heard Jack squat. I knew more about ALL the details and their managers didn’t even know anything 🤦‍♂️

Tbh I’d love to own a Jeep Wrangler only dealer one day and be “that guy” who knows everything before all the other dealers do, purely based on intel from Forums 🤣 surprisingly accurate info sometimes.

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
Yeah dealers are often the last line of knowledge in regard to new vehicles, unless they’re one of those top tier above and beyond type of dealers lol

When the “new” 2024 Wranglers were coming out, my local (big Jeep dealer in Texas) hadn’t heard Jack squat. I knew more about ALL the details and their managers didn’t even know anything 🤦‍♂️

Tbh I’d love to own a Jeep Wrangler only dealer one day and be “that guy” who knows everything before all the other dealers do, purely based on intel from Forums 🤣 surprisingly accurate info sometimes.
I know the feeling. I hate that experience of going in a place to make a super important purchase, especially cars and know more and be more passionate than the dealer who is selling it to me. Sometimes I feel like the Tesla way is the best way but then I remember that these guys have issues when they need repairs which won't be our case since dealerships also handle repairs.
Cheers friends!

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I know the feeling. I hate that experience of going in a place to make a super important purchase, especially cars and know more and be more passionate than the dealer who is selling it to me. Sometimes I feel like the Tesla way is the best way but then I remember that these guys have issues when they need repairs which won't be our case since dealerships also handle repairs.
Cheers friends!
Having just moved to Belgium (the French speaking part btw lol) it shocks me how dealerships are here. Very small, hardly any inventory. And few and far between. I haven’t seen any Jeep dealer thus far, and the only actual dealers I’ve seen are Ford and Mercedes 🤷‍♂️

Frostlord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Hey all.

I'm Andrew, I'm a business math instructor near Vancouver and we have a Kia Soul EV but nothing that is any use in the uncommon but totally immobilizing Vancouver snow. I have a young daughter (btw Spock, my wife, daughter and self are all huge fans of the Bluey TV show!). Never owned a Jeep product before but a few friends are rabidly loyal fans so I'm confident the Recon will be a comfortable, reliable, economical and fun verhicle for any conditions that I might use it.

I put my name down at a dealer when the Recon was announved in the spring with the hope I'd have it by this winter but that's not happening. I test drove a Rivian R1S, which is absolutely fine but doesn't offer nearly enough advantage to justfy the price difference.

Are there any other <$100K competitors for the Recon in the pure EV off-road capable market?

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
btw Spock, my wife, daughter and self are all huge fans of the Bluey TV show!

Never owned a Jeep product before but a few friends are rabidly loyal fans so I'm confident the Recon will be a comfortable, reliable, economical and fun verhicle for any conditions that I might use it.

Are there any other <$100K competitors for the Recon in the pure EV off-road capable market?
Awesome! Everyone should enjoy Bluey. It’s a terrific show for adults and kids alike! Im in a “Bandits group” on FB for dads who are fans of the show. Yeah, we’re nerds but it’s a great show so 🤷‍♂️🤣

Jeep reliability has had a lot of ups and downs over the years…especially with first generations/iterations of new version/models (as is frequently the case with all brands, really) so idk how reliable it’ll be right away but it’s super cool, and fun for sure! Plus it’s EV, so that’s immediately economical, right? [awaits the screaming mob at the door clamoring about the kobalt mines 😬]

Other off road EVs? You’re basically tied down to just that GMC Hummer thing and the Rivians. The Jeep Wrangler has the 4XEs, but that’s just hybrid. Sub 100K? Yeah, just wait for the Recon.

Welcome! There’s hardly any activity here yet but it’ll come eventually so 🤷‍♂️ I’m always around/check daily, and am on other Jeep Wrangler forums so if you have questions about Jeep stuff hit me up and I will try to answer them/get you answers if I don’t know.

drexotic

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
Cheers all!

I'm Jeff Jenkins, a long time Jeeper who took a decade off to attend to life's demands . . . But I'm BACK!

I'm driving a 2022 Gladiator Mojave and enjoying my seat time!

I've owned / wheeled 2 CJ5s, 2 CJ7s and a CJ2A starting in the mid 1970 and ending in 2011. I grew up in Utah and spent time in Moab and the Southern parks, often four wheeling more as a means to hike, climb, and camp,. When I came to Southern California in the early 1980s I wheeled more for the sake of wheeling and have had the opportunity to run the Rubicon, Death Valley and many of the areas in SoCal.
I am NOT a mechanic or fabricator but have strived to do the majority of work on my own Jeeps over the years.

In daily life, I'm an avian (bird) and exotic animal veterinarian. My hospital, the Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital, is in San Diego, CA and is the oldest exclusively bird and exotic hospital in the world.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the four wheeling community and excited to see what is going on here.