Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLU Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 37"
Country flag
Late last week, Stellantis held a closed-door event at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where it invited select Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealerships to the 2023 Stellantis Dealer Business Meeting to discuss and preview the company’s future product plans — from eMuscle to other electric vehicles.

Stellantis brought with it five electric concept vehicles, providing dealers their first chance to see these EVs in the metal, all at once. The concepts (pictured below) included the Jeep Recon Moab 4xe, Dodge Charger SRT Banshee, Ram 1500 Revolution, Jeep Wagoneer S BEV and the Chrysler Airflow Graphite Concept.

Dealers were also given a glimpse beyond the EV concepts it showed, getting a first peek at the Stellantis product roadmap for the next seven years (no photos of that unfortunately).

Tire size appears to be 285/70R17, which matches stock Wrangler Rubicon KO2 spec.

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer even first real life look 3

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event jeepreconev

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer even first real life look 5

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer even first real life look 4

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer even first real life look 1

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer even first real life look 2

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer event look3

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer event look1

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event Jeep Recon EV dealer event look2

Jeep Recon EV First Real Life Look! 2025 Jeep Recon Moab 4xe Concept Shown to Dealers at Stellantis Event 15e070ef-18b2-4b93-a847-2dd731e2bb54-

Last edited by a moderator:

AMC4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
Really hoping we get more info at the NY Auto Show!
I go every year with my wife and son and we were going to skip it this year because last year so many manufacturers bailed. If the Recon is there though, we'll be going.

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
Also, why didn’t they get a better shot of the tire size??

Cysco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLRU, Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
Now we’re talking! I really dig it. Looks like a Rivian R1S and a defender had a love spawn that was put up for adoption and raised by a Wrangler.

Cysco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Prediction: NY Auto Show will see the opening up of reservations for the Moab edition, which will be a maxed out first edition with all the boxes being checked. The only option available being the choice of a few basic colors.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this green is exclusively offered as a launch edition color.

Seems to be a common practice these days.

Bulletbill

First Name
Bullet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JL
Country flag
I’m wondering if it will have air suspension to adjust the ride height. Right now it looks pretty low for a vehicle that should be able to tackle the Rubicon.

OP
OP

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 JLU Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 37"
Country flag
Good morning

Sorry for my syntax, I google translate! lol
Thanks for picking up my original post and making a great post! I wouldn't have been offended if you put your name.

On this super sunny Monday morning in Quebec (-1 degrees, finally spring, after 30 centimeters of snow yesterday!) I have a theory for you this morning....

1- Since the tire size is 33" and there really doesn't seem to be much room in the fenders to make them bigger.
2- Like Jeep executives said the Recon was designed to go Rubicon trail and come back on the same charge.
3- Like when we ask Google that it takes 35" to do the Rubicon Trail.
4- As in the photos, the angles of attack and departure and the clearance seem very limited for the Rubicon Trail.
5- As I read that a Jeep representative said that the clearance would be "exceptional" (which is not currently the case on the photos)

My theory: I'm pretty sure the Recon will have the Grand Cherokee's Quadra-Lift!!!

What do you think of my theory?

Thank you and looking forward to reading...

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
We are digging on this (Howdy! Here from the Rivian forum).

Assuming this uses the "medium" STLA EV platform, that's a 87-104kWh battery option, if this could get ~375Wh/mile, that would give it about 280 miles with the largest sized 104kWh battery.

Thanks for the post, the wife and I were JUST talking about the next round of vehicle. We currently have a '21 Tesla M3P, and a '21 Wrangler 4xe, both scheduled for return around mid-2024/next year, we also have a Rivian R1S on reservation, but still not 100% on the cost / company.

Cysco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good morning

Sorry for my syntax, I google translate! lol
Thanks for picking up my original post and making a great post! I wouldn't have been offended if you put your name.

On this super sunny Monday morning in Quebec (-1 degrees, finally spring, after 30 centimeters of snow yesterday!) I have a theory for you this morning....

1- Since the tire size is 33" and there really doesn't seem to be much room in the fenders to make them bigger.
2- Like Jeep executives said the Recon was designed to go Rubicon trail and come back on the same charge.
3- Like when we ask Google that it takes 35" to do the Rubicon Trail.
4- As in the photos, the angles of attack and departure and the clearance seem very limited for the Rubicon Trail.
5- As I read that a Jeep representative said that the clearance would be "exceptional" (which is not currently the case on the photos)

My theory: I'm pretty sure the Recon will have the Grand Cherokee's Quadra-Lift!!!

What do you think of my theory?

Thank you and looking forward to reading...
Greetings from Dallas, TX where it has been sunny and in the low 70’s for the last few days!

I think you’re right about the air suspension. Seems like that’s the only option. They seem to be positioning the Recon to be the leading off-road EV. I can’t imagine they’d throw the tires from the Wrangler Rubicon on there and only have like 8-inches of clearance. The suspension has to raise and l lower.

It’s more and more looking like the Rivian R1S is the target

AMC4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
...They seem to be positioning the Recon to be the leading off-road EV. I can’t imagine they’d throw the tires from the Wrangler Rubicon on there and only have like 8-inches of clearance. The suspension has to raise and l lower. It’s more and more looking like the Rivian R1S is the target
Which is bad news for those of us hoping that this would start in the $50K range. Looks like, as usual, Jeep is trying to position everything for the premium market. I guess it makes sense if they're going to try to not lose billions like Ford has said it's happy to do on its EV makeover, but bad news for longtime Jeep fans like me who started out at age 15 driving a CJ-5 without carpeting or even a radio and who just want an affordable Jeep to drive and don't need all the bells and whistles.

Cysco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are digging on this (Howdy! Here from the Rivian forum).

Assuming this uses the "medium" STLA EV platform, that's a 87-104kWh battery option, if this could get ~375Wh/mile, that would give it about 280 miles with the largest sized 104kWh battery.

Thanks for the post, the wife and I were JUST talking about the next round of vehicle. We currently have a '21 Tesla M3P, and a '21 Wrangler 4xe, both scheduled for return around mid-2024/next year, we also have a Rivian R1S on reservation, but still not 100% on the cost / company.
Welcome!
I think most of us would be pretty disappointed in less than 300m of range. It's probably the only thing that would prevent me from getting one. Well, that and a 0-60 of more than 4-seconds.

I currently own a Model S Plaid and a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with Sky one-touch roof. I too had a Rivian on order, but gave the reservation to my dad, who took delivery a few weeks ago. I Want a vehicle that combines some semblance of the EV performance of my Plaid with the topless off road capabilities of my Wrangler.

In my head, I've convinced myself that the Recon will check all the boxes. It may not be as fast as the Plaid, or as capable as my Wrangler off road, but it'll hopefully combine a lot of those characteristics into one package.