ironman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Rubicon
Country flag
Interesting tidbit from an interview with new Jeep CEO Antonio Filosa: New Jeep CEO Antonio Filosa:

From Article: 'We are building a road map for growth' - by Autonews.com

The Wagoneer S and Recon will launch as electric-only models, but being based on the new STLA Large architecture, could they also have internal combustion engines?
We will launch as full electric, as we think that there are many fans of the Wagoneer and Wrangler that are looking with curiosity at electrification. But if opportunities [for ICE variants] appear, we need to grab them or somebody else will.​

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I’d take a turbo 4cyl Recon or a hybrid one with the same motor 🙌

I’d prefer the all electric but a hybrid or regular turbo would be perfect motors for this size SUV.

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
I’d take a turbo 4cyl Recon or a hybrid one with the same motor 🙌

I’d prefer the all electric but a hybrid or regular turbo would be perfect motors for this size SUV.
Interesting concept but you lose the advantages of going full electric (I know, not everyone has easy access to cheap electricity). I want to go electric because it’s cleaner but also because it’s less maintenance, direct torque, more storage space and you gotta admit that the Recon looks cool. I’m in Quebec so electricity is cheap and easy to access in addition to being clean. As a Jeep owner, I want to support the brand but I can do that already with the current models on the market (ICE or hybrid). Just get the Recon out there for us to see and review already.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
If I end up in a bigger city back in the US I’d absolutely go all electric, I’m not discrediting that vs an ICE option. But if we end up in like BFE South Dakota or something I don’t think I’d want electric lol

Now my dream is to have a few acres with a small solar farm on it to which I’d be able to charge this stuff myself and not have to worry about if my electric bill will go through the roof.