Newsweek Article with new Jeep CEO

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
https://www.newsweek.com/new-ceo-shares-his-plans-make-jeep-great-again-1874341

Nothing new if you keep a pulse on the brand;
  • [Barely] cut prices across the board.
  • The new Jeep Wagoneer S (EV) is coming this fall.
  • the Jeep Recon should be available next year (didn’t give any more info though).
  • Supposedly five more models will come after the Recon but it wasn’t specified if it’s just refreshes (probably) or new vehicles.
  • One thing I didn’t know was they are no longer calling the Wagoneer as their own brand…they’re now all back in line with Jeep. I kinda liked the idea of a premier Jeep brand but apparently it wasn’t working so they’re back under the Jeep nameplate. I thought it was weird that they kept calling the new Wagoneer S the “Jeep Wagoneer S” lol

beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner,Rubicon
Country flag
Should stop calling them Jeep. The brand is ruined.

OP
OP
Signing Spock

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
The vehicles themselves are b-e-a-utiful and ridiculously roomy (read BIG AS HELL) and I think that’s the major turn off for many. Well, besides their ridiculous MSRP and market BS dealers add on top.

if they would’ve come to market as Jeep’s to begin with, and not tried to go all in on this super luxury brand built from a foundation of loyal customers who have probably never had a luxury vehicle before…they would’ve been better off. I think that’s why the Wagoneer brand hasn’t worked out. And again, I think they’re absolutely perfect(ly massive) SUVs and I wish I could afford one. Would be a waste of a classic nameplate for it to fail after only 4 or so years.

My hope is they bring the prices down, maybe knock some of the luxury pieces out of it (basically make it start as a step above the Grand Cherokee L vs several leagues above the Grand Cherokee L) by having a Laredo and Overland model as the base “layer” to their Wagoneer offerings (to include those models on their Wagoneer L) to entice buyers looking to go big but not at Land Rover prices. I’d bet folks looking at Tahoes and Suburbans would get a Wagoneer/Wagoneer L Laredo 🤷‍♂️