Scout EV Announces a Summer 2024 Reveal Date

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
The site cross registration (account copy) function is very cool! I just auto registered on both the Scout and 6G 4Runner sites :)
Probably good to sign up on all of the competitors because it seems the Recon is never coming. Stellantis has now backed out of all North American Auto shows…we’re never seeing this thing.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Probably good to sign up on all of the competitors because it seems the Recon is never coming. Stellantis has now backed out of all North American Auto shows…we’re never seeing this thing.
I believe it's just pushed back, Stellantis is doing well with EVs in the EU, they seem to have a solid EV platform (from what I've read). I think we'll see some kind of close-to-production reveal just before summer, orders opening in late '24 and the actual first deliveries in '25.

Which unfortunately, will be too late for us ...

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
Sorry to hear it’s going to be too late to meet your timeframe. Fortunately I have time on my side, patience on the other hand is not my strongest trait. I’m just disappointed they can’t seem to give us any info. Even just announcing it’s delayed would be something. Instead it’s complete silence. I’m ready to jump on the first BEV that meets my needs or is a good enough deal to meet my needs temporarily 😉

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
We could probably make it work, and I might make the effort if we got some decent additional details in the next 4-5 months.

Basically we have the 4xe coming off lease in April, and the Telsa in June. There's some extension options, we could buy the Jeep out, we could do some kind of short term type lease (Volvo has some pretty solid 6 month options).

But only if by April - June we had SOME sense of specifications, pricing, and knew when orders would open up. Hell, even if we could plan on a delivery by the end of 2024, we could swing it.

The 6G 4Runner is sort of the same thing with the timing, I am digging on what I'm reading, using the new 2.4L Hybrid from the Taco ( 326 hp / 465 lb-ft sounds pretty tasty) with a new 8-speed? That kind of power and GOOD MPG on the highway? (relatively speaking)

Yes please. But no can do if it's mid-late 2025 :confused:

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I’ve mentioned it on the auto show thread but I agree with MaskedRacerX…probably this summer, or maybe around Easter Jeep Safari? That’d be the perfect time to introduce it…actually on the trails. Unless, they’re not sure the EV aspect of it will work as well as they planned and they won’t bring it to MOAB yet 🤣🤣🤣

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Also, for the Scout EV…I dig it. But I like the “Jeep-mess” of the Recon. Removing the windows, parts of the top, the doors. That’s what I want.