What would you like to see included (in the Recon)?

dogbreath650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 LJR
Country flag
For starts I'd like to see body mounted side mirrors. This would keep us from having to seek out some expensive after market solution so we can still have side mirrors when the doors come off.

Bulletbill

First Name
Bullet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JL
Country flag
I’d like them to offer a solar paneled roof rack that would allow you to trickle charge the battery.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a power window for the rear door like the 4Runner has.

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 JLUR 2.0L
Country flag
I’d like them to offer a solar paneled roof rack that would allow you to trickle charge the battery.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a power window for the rear door like the 4Runner has.
That is one of the major things that annoys me about most of these PHEV and BEV offerings so far. Why are we not seeing solar panel type roofs as options on any number of these? specifically the trucks/suv types maybe a tonneau cover or something. If I could just squeeze even a mile or two out of a roof or tonneau mounted solar panel that was factory that would be something. Enough to get you out of a mess or just make it to that charging station that was just a mile further. For whatever reason it may happen that you need it.

I myself work 12 hour and sometimes 16 hour shifts. While there is a single charging station at my work place, despite showing up at 0530 hours and not being able to leave for that amount of time. Someone tends to already be occupying it. My profession doesn't always allow me to leave even just to move it to the charger. So, 12 hours of roof solar charging would hopefully give me enough to get to another charging station if it ever should be needed.