Well it's good to see that they are finally moving (maybe). NOW what Stellantis needs to work on is some kind of leasing promotion. At $70k cash, $1,000+ per month financed, or $1,300+ per month leased they will not be moving many of these off dealership lots. Stellantis has GOT to figure out...
That's exactly what my dealership told me this morning as well. A scan in their system shows 0 Recons on the ground and 0 Recons are in "in transit" status. They're all sitting in a lot somewhere, probably out in the weather, with the battery depleting day by day.
Yeah, so mine got pushed out another 19 days. When those 19 days are up will they push it out again? Will we ever actually see a Recon in person? And...Stellantis still has no leasing information loaded to the dealer systems, so dealers can't even give customers an idea if the customer will...
It is so incredibly stupid that they designed it this way, just like the Wrangler. The harness connection is harder to access, especially for people who aren't as flexible anymore. And you have to remove interior trim panels to access them, which means those parts will wear out over time. And...
Well, mine was supposed to ship 9-5-26 and today the dealer says it's been pushed to 9-21-26. Sigh... the games continue.
Not that it's going to matter if leasing is really $1,250 per month because this boy will NOT be doing that!
Leasing estimates are finally on the Jeep website. They're eye watering. Over $1,000 per month on a lease with lots of money down. Granted, this is the first round of pricing and they could still run a promotion later but at this rate it will be very very poor sales numbers on Recon.
Yeah, nobody seems to understand that simple concept. Jeep doesn't go for range. They go for fun. That's why the brand name is so strong across the land.
Makes sense now why the first retail orders are scheduled to start shipping September 5th. That means they'll be hitting dealers sometime around the 9th.
In my Rubicon, I see about a 40-50% reduction in fuel economy when I'm on the trails. If the same is true of the Recon, then I guess you'd be looking at about 100 miles of off-road range on a full charge. 35-inch tires will significantly reduce the range also, mainly because they are much...
I'm excited that the '26 has J1772/CCS charging. That's what I already have wired up in my garage at home since Ford EVs have used that for the last 5 years. So I'm ready to go in that regard!
C'mon Jeep...give us a sweet leasing promotion on Recon!!!
I think we really are about to see the launch of this vehicle. Lots of dealerships out there now with ship dates on their orders coming up this week, and media outlets like TFL on YouTube are showing the vehicle off in full today. We're getting close.....
There’s a guy who runs a different Stellantis themed forum that’s been around for a lot of years, and he rubs elbows with some of the top brass in Michigan. He’s of the honest opinion that Stellantis doesn’t really want to sell these Jeep Recons. He believes they are intentionally trying to...
So I found a dealer about 3 hours away who has two Recons that show 9-5-26 ship dates. That's less than a week away. We'll know soon if Stellantis is playing games with us or not. If I don't get answers from this company soon I'm jumping ship.
So the ones this dealer in TN is getting were ordered in October 2025!! And they are just now getting a ship date!! It's wild.
Anyway, I explained to them that there's too much risk in a $1,000 deposit on a Jeep that nobody has seen in person, none exist to test drive, we don't know whether...
I found a dealer in Tennessee with two Recons on order. This one would actually be a little closer to where I live in Kentucky. Not as much of a drive. So I inquired about their Recons and they said both of them are in JS status. They said that means "they are in storage".
I can't imagine...
That's exactly the problem. Even the dealerships have been left in the dark. I've called at least a half-dozen dealerships in three different states. They all act like deer in headlights when I ask about Jeep Recon. It's frustrating. Jeep has teased this vehicle for over 3 years! It's been...