OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Geez, between this and the revised 4xe we might wind up as a 2 Jeep family :)

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 lifted XJ, 2013 Prius
Country flag
More clearance than what? With 4 people on board, it would be bottoming out on speed bumps since it has independent suspension They claim this thing will do the Rubicon Trail, but I'm not buying that unless the trail got easier in the last 20 years. I was hoping this could finally be a replacement for my 30-year-old Cherokee XJ, but so far it does not look that way.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Stellantis in North America aren’t doing so hot right now. Jeep (and if I recall correctly all of the Stellantis brands as a whole) aren’t doing auto shows for at least this year, which seems silly to me because it’s not like auto shows really cost them that much money. But what it does do is hold them to a timeline of revealing/releasing the next generation of X, Y, and Z or the next “new thing” (in this case, the Recon and other electric vehicles). So from that standpoint I guess I get it. But that really doesn’t give us consumers any comfort that to save money you’re not only going to slow down your timeline for production of the next new thing, but you’re also gonna hide and not show *anything* via auto shows? Seems silly to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But that really doesn’t give us consumers any comfort that to save money you’re not only going to slow down your timeline for production of the next new thing, but you’re also gonna hide and not show *anything* via auto shows? Seems silly to me.

Yep. We were talking about that here:

https://www.jeepreconforum.com/forum/threads/scout-ev-announces-a-summer-2024-reveal-date.10894/

Basically, without ANY info, not a hint of what might be on deck, I can't plan anything around possibly owning one, which means, it misses this 36 month cycle for me - and in another 3 years, we might have the R2 series from Rivian, other options in this market segment, and Jeep as a player will be lost in the noise.

Anyway, agree 100%, do ANYTHING to maintain some consumer visibility.

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hell, make a bunch of stuff up :D

"The new Recon will get 1000 miles on a 60 second charge ..."

You can always just "oops" it later :D

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
While funny, I think that’d be an even bigger blunder/turn off initially for the product and it wouldn’t sell as well.

BUT to your point, just teasing it constantly and providing the planned/intended numbers over and over would be better than NOTHING.

Look at the VW ID.buzz … the American website has little info overall about ACTUAL performance and range. Just guesstimates. Also, no price data at all or even when orders will be open (as of the last time I checked back in December anyway).

I’ll either come back to the states in 2026, or 2029. When I do, I’ll want either a Recon or an ID.buzz … something’s telling me the ID.buzz will be the only one actually selling well by then lmao