Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show?

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Is it _possible_ that Jeep is holding up on a new Recon (and "Wrangler S") announcement until they (i..e, Stellantis) determine their position on NACS?

I think it would be way more impactful if they released new pics, some actual specs - and were able to say, "And our new EVs will be NACS compatible, meaning you'll have access to 12,000 Superchargers as well as all CCS stations for charging"

?

Heck, we were hoping for info before the end of June, and pretty soon it'll be August without even the smallest bit of an update.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
Is it _possible_ that Jeep is holding up on a new Recon (and "Wrangler S") announcement until they (i..e, Stellantis) determine their position on NACS?

I think it would be way more impactful if they released new pics, some actual specs - and were able to say, "And our new EVs will be NACS compatible, meaning you'll have access to 12,000 Superchargers as well as all CCS stations for charging"

?

Heck, we were hoping for info before the end of June, and pretty soon it'll be August without even the smallest bit of an update.
I agree. I had this same thought, but I think it’s likely wishful thinking on our part or at least the idea of the Recon releasing with NACS built in is. We can hope though! My best guess now on when we’ll get more info is at NAIAS in Detroit. Who knows, maybe we could get lucky and learn something sooner 🤷‍♂️ I do think Stellantis is taking too long to jump on the NACS bandwagon. Nissan just made an announcement today and their best selling BEV still uses chademo.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just realized that 4xe day last year where the Recon was announced happened on September 8th. The event was announced on August 31st. If the pattern is repeated this year, we could hear about the next 4xe day this week and get another presentation prior to NAIAS in Detroit. Could be a good way to provide new Recon details and announce that the public will get to see it in Detroit? 🤞

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Really hoping this prediction is true!
Stellantis is like the anti-Tesla. Just give us anything, anything at all, to talk about!!

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
Was just watching this on YouTube which would explain why we’re not hearing anything.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
perhaps relevant... (only mention of recon is in the comments.)

https://www.theautopian.com/jeep-is-in-trouble-and-hopes-nostalgia-can-save-it/
Pretty interesting, yeah, some inciteful stuff in the comments, but also some spectacular cluelessness. :CWL:

We've been knocking around our two next vehicles quite a bit, one slot is pretty much spoken for (swapping the '21 Wrangler 4xe for a '24), but the the other one we're having fun with!

We've got an R1S and an EX30 on reservation, I've knocked around a few other vehicles, like an i4 M50 if we were to go with another sport sedan, but I think we're pretty sold on two SUV (ish) type vehicles this round and the Recon might be perfect - or not - hahaha, we really need some info before the end of the year.

Side note: how do you like your Mach-E?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was getting hopeful that the Recon would be at the Detroit Auto Show, but now feeling less confident. Jeep is planning to show the 2024 updated Gladiator and I’m thinking it is unlikely they’d show both. Seems like it might be the New York Auto Show all over again.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was getting hopeful that the Recon would be at the Detroit Auto Show, but now feeling less confident. Jeep is planning to show the 2024 updated Gladiator and I’m thinking it is unlikely they’d show both. Seems like it might be the New York Auto Show all over again.

Yeah, I was hoping too, I figured since they had no new info over the summer, they'd use the next big show to reveal some more Recon details, if not the vehicle itself.

I guess the revised '24 Gladiator will be their big thing next week, even though everyone pretty much knows what that's going to be already. i.e., the '24 Wrangler treatment, the new 12.3 display and full driver's LCD display, wireless CarPlay, new grill.

Heck, I don't even think we're going to see a 4xe Gladiator, that with a larger battery, 35 mile electric only, would be killer.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
MachE we really like. The only negative is the phone-as-key is a little finicky sometimes. I think the Ford has the car part right and the software part is a little bit of a work in progress, opposite of some others out there.

We had a Wrangler, all I want is that car again in all-electric--either Jeep or Bronco--but doesn't seem like that's in the cards anytime soon. LOVE the Rivian but really want a convertible top!

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So…just the Gladiator at NAIAS and not even a 4xe variant. Pretty disappointing. Last major auto show is in LA in November. I’ve booked flights and bought tickets to attend. Who knows maybe I’ll get lucky and it’ll be there? In other news, Electrek has posted a new article headlining the Recon. There’s no new information in it, but at least it’s media coverage. Also, I’ve put in a reservation on a Cybertruck. We’ll see which becomes available first.
https://electrek.co/2023/09/15/jeeps-electric-recon-spirit-off-road-wrangler/

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yeah what a weird electrek article. at least there's acknowledgment that this thing may someday exist outside of this forum...