Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show?

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
From what I've been reading, the Wagoneer S is ... well, not a Wagoneer :giggle:

There was supposed to be a new name given it's a new product line - they even did a thing where they were taking recommendations from various social sites - I guess the name hasn't been changed, or maybe they just said, f*** it, we'll just stick with what we've been calling it ...

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m hoping the Recon launches spring, hits dealers fall 2024 as a 2025 MY product. Hopefully they’ll be ironed out and not be bad from the get go like some EVs tend to be. By the time I’d be interested in buying one in 2026 or so, maybe they’ll be 👌 lol
I might could still swing that, but I might need to extend a lease, swap the Wrangler 4xe for our other planned vehicle vs. another 4xe like we planned and make my car the swap for the Wrangler or possibly a Recon ...

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
From what I've been reading, the Wagoneer S is ... well, not a Wagoneer :giggle:

There was supposed to be a new name given it's a new product line - they even did a thing where they were taking recommendations from various social sites - I guess the name hasn't been changed, or maybe they just said, f*** it, we'll just stick with what we've been calling it ...
Yeah I submitted two ideas for the new name lol we’ll see what they come out with.

It’s still a Wagoneer product, just supposedly won’t be named “S” 🤦‍♂️ so they’ll have the Wagoneer, Wagoneer L, Grand Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer L, and then whatever this thing will be called.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I didn't realize it was still in the Wagoneer family.

Umm, Wagon-E-er ...

I'll see myself out :CWL:

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That '25 Wrangler 4xe refresh is interesting if it's something different that the JUST refreshed 4xe that added the new display, side airbags, V2x (via the power box), etc.

I saw someone in that thread (thanks, mostly a good read outside of the f***wits :D ) mention a new ZF8, with a config that would provide more space, so maybe a battery improvement?

Heck, a Gladiator with like 50-60 miles on battery would be pretty slick too.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Yeah I’m assuming the Wrangler 4XE refresh is just something relating to battery/technology…not a whole refresh, right after they’ve just done this one.

I’m assuming the Recon will either be made in Europe or in China then. If it’s made in China (doubtful but you never know) the US market will lose their ever loving mind. If it’s in Europe, then cool … it’ll already be over here before I leave in a few years lmao

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag

Not much actual news, but check out Jeep’s most recent Instagram post. They’re at least starting to advertise the Wagoneer, maybe we’ll get an ad for the Recon soon. 🤷‍♂️

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I suggested they call it the Wagoneer Aurora or Barksdale (something like that). I had googled what some OG concept names were for the original Wagoneer(s) were and those were the original two concept names. Thought they would’ve been fitting for what that Wagoneer S looks like. Guess we’ll see what they do with it. I agree tho, they probably won’t change the name at this point if they’re no longer calling it the Wagoneer S project (or concept or whatever term they were using).

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
*just read the comments in that Jeep IG post and WOW what a toxic place, man. I get that most Jeep owners are ICE loving fanatics, and never wanna give that up (as I am one myself) but at the same time I have an open mind to the future that a lot of people apparently don’t have for some reason.

anyway, all that being said…yeah think they’re sticking with Jeep Wagoneer S. Which is a little weird though since the other two Wagoneer models (the Wagoneer and the Grand Wagoneer) don’t say Jeep, anywhere on them whereas that video they showed it having “Jeep” on the tailgate like a Compass or whatever would have. Wonder if this will be their idea of a “bridge” vehicle to get customers to go from Jeep to Wagoneer, idk.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The comments really are a scary place…my hope is that they’re the vocal minority though. If you compare the number of “likes” on the post to the number of closed minded people commenting, it seems to be the case?

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I was tempted to make a new thread about it, but I decide not against that lol

who thinks we’ll get new Recon news at Easter Jeep Safari in March? 👀 Jeep always brings their newest concepts and actual future cars, so why not the Recon!

I hope they do and I hope they announce all the specs/prices. If it’s sub $50K for a lower end model, they’ll have a buyer here lmfao

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was tempted to make a new thread about it, but I decide not against that lol

who thinks we’ll get new Recon news at Easter Jeep Safari in March? 👀 Jeep always brings their newest concepts and actual future cars, so why not the Recon!

I hope they do and I hope they announce all the specs/prices. If it’s sub $50K for a lower end model, they’ll have a buyer here lmfao
I’d love to see that happen! That or get an announcement sometime sooner and the press get to look at it at EJS. I’m not getting my hopes up too high for anything though anymore. That being said, if they announced ahead it’d be there and on display for the public, I’d be making a quick trip to Moab.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
I’ve always wanted to go to MOAB for EJS…or for the Nissan event they do annually out there, GONE MOAB I think was what it was called? I just to have a Frontier that I had ambitions of doing fun stuff too…but was a broke college kid lmao

Anyway, if I lived in Utah or Idaho I’d def be goong/would go every year lol

even if Jeep just did a photo shoot of the Recon with all the other jeeps that would be actually wheeling out there this year, I’d be OK with that. I just wanna see what the interior will be like and I wanna know the performance numbers and cost. I don’t have to see it in action at MOAB yet, I just want some damn news! Lol