Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show?

Frostlord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Country flag
Has anyone heard specifics (confirmned or otherwise) on what the UAW strike might be expected to do to the Recon launch schedule?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
I haven’t heard or seen anything, but I imagine it doesn’t help anything…

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (San Antonio, TX originally)
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Hmmm wonder if the same dealership plugs that are in JLWF would be on this forum and add any insider information to that latest article stating “early in 2024.”

“While the Wrangler 4xe is the brand’s first foray into an electrified production vehicle, the Recon will be North America’s first all-electric Jeep when it reaches dealerships early in 2024. Not much is known overall about its specifications, but it is expected to debut with Stellantis’ STLA Large platform — meaning it will share frame characteristics with the Dodge Ram.

During its announcement last year, the vehicle also sported a retractable powertop and removable rear side glass windows, a Selec-Terrain traction system, lockable axles, tow hook recovery points and aggressive off-road tires.

Jeep said it definitely expects the Recon to conquer the iconic Rubicon trail and fully arrive with Trail Rated capability.

”We are designing it to go down the Rubicon trail, and actually leave the hotel on a full charge, and get back to the hotel before you run out of charge, which is really important,” Morrison says.”

If they can hold true to that last quote/goal, I think they’ll have a winner here and start to convert some of the lighter off roading people. The diehards who spend days at parks wouldn’t like this obviously, and probably not overlanders unless they could be charging as they drive. But the likes of me who’s spend one day at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, Texas could have some light fun in this when not driving in the JLU Willys.

I don’t see this being a heavily modified, tons of aftermarket support type of rig. But I really want one for a daily driver.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
I think you're right on with the target market, capabilities and features seem neat, we would definitely be a buyer, but our next cycle is coming up mid 2024, so unless we get some info soon, it's not even going to be on the short list.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Well, this certainly doesn’t look good. But it’s not likely that they’d can the Recon or the 4XE Grand Wagoneer (though that’s laughable to me, as hybrid large SUVs almost always get terrible gas mileage still but that’s neither here nor there). But I wonder if the all electric Wagoneer project (yet to be actually named btw) is in jeopardy for the time being 🤔

I venture to believe that this definitely pushes the 2025 model year Recon back to actually coming out in 2025, vs hitting dealers summer or even fall 2024.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bummer, yeah, that's most likely a 2025 at the earliest for the Recon.

A 4xe Grand Wagoneer could probably get a good 50-60 electric only and if it had a hybrid tune more optimized for longer range MPG improvements, it could be a real winner.

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Bummer, yeah, that's most likely a 2025 at the earliest for the Recon.

A 4xe Grand Wagoneer could probably get a good 50-60 electric only and if it had a hybrid tune more optimized for longer range MPG improvements, it could be a real winner.
50-60 E only is probably a good distance, you’re right. And that’s roughly what the Wrangler in electric mode only can do, if I recall correctly. So the Grand Wagoneer should be able to do that too (easily fit a bigger battery in there).

My thing with doing a 4XE Grand Wagoneer is price. They’re already expensive as fawk, who’s gonna be the buyer for these? Current GW owners? Maybe. Not likely to steal people from their hybrid Lexus mid-size SUV/CUV.

Kinda seems weird to even do it tbh. But they have that “every model will have an electrified version by 2025 (which I think that would make that happen? Idk where they’re at right now with all the models…also a lot of people are thinking the Gladiator won’t continue much longer but who knows).

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I hear you about price, holy hell, I ran a config over $100K without even trying.

I was actually a bit shocked by the GC L, I started with a higher trim level, added the 5.7L, got up to $80K.

We had a DD/RT, AWD, black out package, 5.7L, Cap chairs, pretty much every option and it was like $55K-ish, and that's like the same car almost.

MASReconfan

First Name
Marc-Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Country flag
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jeep...1E?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

New CEO of Jeep makes his introduction and quote: Looking to the future, we have a full portfolio of global SUVs that will start launching next year, led by the all-electric Wagoneer S, which will spearhead our electrified global expansion. I can’t wait to share more details in the coming months.

Hang on guys, it's coming.

Cheers!

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 JLU Willys
Country flag
Starting with the Wagoneer S?

I mean, I guess they have to get more interest in that newer sub brand (and more models) so that makes sense, but they’re so freakin expensive that I just don’t see why they even made that it’s own brand right now. Or why they even make them to begin with? Figure out the rest of the fledgling brand(s) before adding another (expensive as hell) brand to the portfolio 🤦‍♂️

I’m hoping the Recon launches spring, hits dealers fall 2024 as a 2025 MY product. Hopefully they’ll be ironed out and not be bad from the get go like some EVs tend to be. By the time I’d be interested in buying one in 2026 or so, maybe they’ll be 👌 lol