bek1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 JK Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
It's too early to say, but I hope we have a thread where people can post deals. For example, the Ford Bronco is selling for way over MSRP, but the Bronco6G forums kept a running list of good/bad dealers, and I was able to find a Bronco within driving distance that actually gave me $1250 under invoice. That was a sweet deal. Hoping we can do something similar here with the Recon. I have no interest in getting gouged by a dealer, or calling up 5 different dealers, only to find they are asking $10k over MSRP.

When the time comes, let's take advantage of the power of the internet and post those dealers offering real discounts.

Drperez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 TJ; 2016 JKU; 2019 JLU; 2019 Ford Ranger
Country flag
It's too early to say, but I hope we have a thread where people can post deals. For example, the Ford Bronco is selling for way over MSRP, but the Bronco6G forums kept a running list of good/bad dealers, and I was able to find a Bronco within driving distance that actually gave me $1250 under invoice. That was a sweet deal. Hoping we can do something similar here with the Recon. I have no interest in getting gouged by a dealer, or calling up 5 different dealers, only to find they are asking $10k over MSRP.

When the time comes, let's take advantage of the power of the internet and post those dealers offering real discounts.

Brian,

Great idea, particularly given the gouging on Broncos and Jeeps (and everything else). I, too, am a member of the Bronco6G forum, as well as the JLwranglerforum. Both provide information on and deals from a sufficient number of the good, the bad, and the ugly dealers. Excellent source of information. While I currently own three (3) Wranglers, I am always on the lookout for my next vehicle. Although, I will throw a word of caution in here when I see dealers advertising (or word spreading) on the forum(s) of 5% (or similar) below invoice pricing; take those with a grain of salt. The other day I looked at one such forum thread and then went to the named dealer website only to find there was also a $500 “documentation fee” (my local dealer here in Wisconsin charges a $75 “doc fee”; IMHO doc fees are almost all profit!). Suddenly 5% under is more like 3-4% under invoice ($500 doc fee, for example, on a $35k vehicle is 1.5% added back on). About 10 years ago, I tried to buy a Jeep in Scottsdale (AZ) and even though I was going to have it shipped back to Wisconsin, the dealer insisted I had to pay the local city tax of over 1% regardless of where the Jeep landed (don’t know if they still mandate that). That was enough to kill the transaction. So I advise everyone looking at these “deals” to look at the total cost with fees, taxes, temporary registration, etc., to ensure they are making a true apples-to-apples comparison.

Steve

USMC_1Wire6337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Gladiator SportS (Gobi)
Country flag
I was able to take advantage of a great price for my Gladiator at a dealer in Idaho. I live in California. Luckily they didn't make me pay Idaho taxes on the purchase. I also confirmed that no taxes needed to be paid by looking that up on the Idaho DMV website. For any future people looking into ordering across state lines, be sure to review that State's requirements so you have the actual facts when dealing with the dealer.