Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show?

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
Anyone have thoughts on what auto show the Recon might be unveiled? What timing makes sense?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I'll chime in and answer my own question. I'm thinking and am hopeful that the Recon will be shown to the press/public at the Chicago Auto Show. Based on Jeep saying they'd show it and open reservations at the same time and what was said at the unveiling of the 30th Anniversary Grand Cherokee 4xe at the 2022 Detroit Auto show, "reservations to start in 'early' 2023", there are only two real options, Chicago and New York. It was also said that the Recon would come out before the Wagoneer S and I would think that Jeep would want to give each vehicle its own hype cycle so to speak. So my prediction is Recon at Chicago and Wagoneer S in New York. Anyone have any other ideas?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whelp…no Recon at the Chicago Auto Show. Guess the wait continues till New York. And my conversation with myself continues on as well.

AMC4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
Whelp…no Recon at the Chicago Auto Show. Guess the wait continues till New York. And my conversation with myself continues on as well.
I think we're going to be out of luck in NY as well. Check out the floor plan: https://www.autoshowny.com/floor-plan/

Jeep and RAM are sharing the space, and I'll be they'll be stuffed with the Anniversary Edition, the new Grand Cherokee (Wagoneer has its own space by FIAT & Chrysler/Dodge), maybe a 4xe Sport?

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
I think we're going to be out of luck in NY as well. Check out the floor plan: https://www.autoshowny.com/floor-plan/

Jeep and RAM are sharing the space, and I'll be they'll be stuffed with the Anniversary Edition, the new Grand Cherokee (Wagoneer has its own space by FIAT & Chrysler/Dodge), maybe a 4xe Sport?
Yeah, I think it's a touch too soon for a public showing, I bet it shows up as a close-to-production showing for whatever major show event(s) are in the fall.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I could see that, but Jeep said it’d be shown in early 2023 and that would be when customers can reserve it. I’m ready to put in my reservation, so fingers crossed 😉

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '20 Tesla Model 3 P, '14 Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I am definitely in for a reservation! I don't even needs specs :CWL:
I'd absolutely do a reservation, too, but I would like dimensions at least. I have an annoyingly shallow garage depth and would like to be sure the Recon would fit.

Also, having to deal with dealers again, is there a list somewhere on another Jeep forum of dealers who would NOT add a ridiculous ADM over MSRP?

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
I'd absolutely do a reservation, too, but I would like dimensions at least. I have an annoyingly shallow garage depth and would like to be sure the Recon would fit.

Also, having to deal with dealers again, is there a list somewhere on another Jeep forum of dealers who would NOT add a ridiculous ADM over MSRP?
We kind of have the same thing, 2-car (really about 1-3/4 ...) one side ends in a solid wall, the other side is open with about an 8" step up to a sort of entrance area (extra freezer, hot water heater, tool chest). So on that side, you can get a little extra room with a "hangover" so to speak, but don't need it now (and I've got my bikes right in front of that area).

Right now, Tesla goes on the wall side, backed in, the 4xe on the other side, front in - that puts both charging ports to the rear of the garage, right across from each other and like 3-4' from the EVSE (charger). When the top is off the 4xe it hangs high enough so we can pull under it.

But both those vehicles are about the same size, ~188", the R1S is starting to be a little tight at 200" but had a DD/RT, about the same length, it worked on that size (need to move bikes :D), I'm assuming this recon won't be much over 200".

We got our 4xe from Airport Jeep outside of Orlando, huge volume dealer, big discounts, they actually drove it up to us in St. Augustine - but no telling what dealers will do with this Recon, I'd prefer to buy local.

AMC4x4

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Wrangler JK, 2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Country flag
I'd start with a buying service as soon as reservations open. They'll work with whatever dealer gets them the best price. I've bought a few vehicles like that and the only reason I'll step foot in a dealership ever again is to test drive a vehicle. We have six or seven Jeep dealerships within a 30 mile radius and there's only one I would ever go into and try to negotiate a sale. It's just not worth the headache.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps and Porsches
Country flag
On the Gladiator forum there were at least 3 dealers that were offering below invoice pricing on ordered vehicles. One in NC, one near DC and one in Iowa if I remember correctly. The discounts were enough that it was cheaper for guys in Cali to order and fly to Iowa and drive back than to buy locally…Hopefully this will be the case when these open up for orders…

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just watched a video by TFL hinting about a special surprise later in the week at Easter Jeep Safari…could it be??? 🤞🤞🤞 Check out their video here: