Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe Trailhawk
Country flag
That's a long video. Where do they talk about it?
Right at the end of course. They just allude to a surprise that they can share later in the week, but can’t say anything yet.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At 23 minutes, so in the last 17 seconds. Cool video though and worth a watch. I’ll be watching everything coming out of Easter Jeep Safari.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So this might just be for a mid-cycle refresh of the wrangler, but Jeep will be showing something new at NYIAS…

Jeep Recon EV Recon debut / unveiling at what auto show? IMG_0577

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whelp…it was mentioned at least 🤷‍♂️ and the new footage of it driving was cool. Maybe someone will post some screen shots from that that can be scrutinized…it did look to have more wheel well gap in the video. So maybe air suspension is true? And also there was mention of a panoramic sunroof which previously I had only heard the sky touch roof being an option. I’m all for a panoramic sunroof.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Country flag
Oh shoot, forgot to watch live. Did see all the coverage about the revised 4xe, which sounds GREAT.

Is there a way to rewatch?

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I heard from my dealer yesterday that it’s looking like orders for the Recon will start 3rd or 4th quarter. That lines up with the Detroit and LA Auto shows. Guess we still have quite a bit of waiting around before we hear any details…

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I'm kind of figuring if it has at least 300 miles of range, support 250kW charging, and is under $75K it's almost an insta-pre-order for us (you know, assuming it's the typical $1000 or less and fully refundable).

Things that would keep my - what I would assume would really be a reservation - and let it change into an order and delivery would be some really solid tech. We kind of don't know how uConnect will evolve into an OS to support BEVs, and how the mobile integration will be executed. That's a place where Tesla really kills it.

OP
OP
DougalsMD

DougalsMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. On the software side, the little I’ve heard about it in the Avenger has been positive. I expect the interface on the Recon to be a bit different, but it’s encouraging regardless.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh yeah, that's a great idea using the Avenger for a "preview", I'll have to root around and read some reviews / owner feedback.

We've got a '21 4xe, which replaced an '18 DD/RT, so both with the same uConnect (v4 I believe), and the really bad sat based connectivity through Sirius (that was an extra $275/year, so after the first year I didn't re-up). We still get the basics with the Jeep like oil/fuel status and alerts for issues, but it's like tech from the 90's compared to modern systems like Tesla and Rivian.

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good article, and interesting that the "Wagoneer S" was just a placeholder / development name.

Now I'm really curious about the new name!

MaskedRacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Geez, it's been super quiet, nothing in any of the usual EV channels, Jeep sites, tech boards, etc.

I was really hoping to, well, really ANY updates on the Recon before the end of the month (though I realize, technically, that's through tomorrow :) )